Dublin Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 large white potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 12 ounces cooked or canned corned beef, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cover potatoes in lightly salted water and boil until tender. Drain, peel and cube. Combine vinegar, sugar, celery seed, mustard seed and 1/2 teaspoon salt; drizzle over still-warm potatoes. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, gently fold in cabbage, corned beef, pickle and onion. Combine mayonnaise, milk and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; pour over salad. Gently toss. Serve in cabbage-lined bowl. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Dublin Potato Salad(13)
Sort By :
I had to substitute ham, because I simply do not like corned beef. Otherwise I made it according to the recipe, and it's delicious.
Using cabbage and canned corn beef did not sound appealing to me, but oh, my goodness. This was divine. Perfect combination!
This was way too salty with the corn beef. It was just OK but will never ever replace my potato salad. Love the old fashion southern potato salad best of all. This may be a good dish to take for our annual St. Patty's day dinner at church though. My husband loves corn beef but said let's not use that recipe again please.
This was fabulous. People, don't be so narrow minded and you know who you are. I want to give this 5 stars, but the stars are missing from my rating page. :(
This salad is fantastic! It has already been requested for our next get together.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Creamy Potato Salads >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Salad Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >