Dublin Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 large white potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 12 ounces cooked or canned corned beef, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1. Cover potatoes in lightly salted water and boil until tender. Drain, peel and cube. Combine vinegar, sugar, celery seed, mustard seed and 1/2 teaspoon salt; drizzle over still-warm potatoes. Cover and chill.
- 2. Just before serving, gently fold in cabbage, corned beef, pickle and onion. Combine mayonnaise, milk and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; pour over salad. Gently toss. Serve in cabbage-lined bowl. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 434 calories, 31g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 927mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Dublin Potato Salad
"To fnhwg: If you did not make the recipe, you are totally unqualified to review it. Why would you write a review on a recipe you just read? Some people!"
"Love, love, love this dish! I had never heard of such a combination, but just reading it sounded awesome. Tried it, family and friends showered compliments and asked for recipe."
"I had to substitute ham, because I simply do not like corned beef. Otherwise I made it according to the recipe, and it's delicious."
"Using cabbage and canned corn beef did not sound appealing to me, but oh, my goodness. This was divine. Perfect combination!"
"This was way too salty with the corn beef. It was just OK but will never ever replace my potato salad. Love the old fashion southern potato salad best of all. This may be a good dish to take for our annual St. Patty's day dinner at church though. My husband loves corn beef but said let's not use that recipe again please."
"This was fabulous. People, don't be so narrow minded and you know who you are. I want to give this 5 stars, but the stars are missing from my rating page. :("
"This salad is fantastic! It has already been requested for our next get together."
" Don't knock it until you try it. I think it sounds different. I am excited to try it."
"Delicious! one of my new favorites. Thanks so much."
"Did not make, just read the recipe. Sounds nasty with cabbage and corned beef. Not like mother used to make."
"Dear hearts,There is such a thing as canned corned beef because I use it all the time. And when potato is plural it is spelled potatoes. Haven't tried this recipe, but it sounds like a winner and can't wait to try it."
"Hamerx - SPAM is not canned corned beef."
"Now this is some thing really off my 'Radar.' God this sounds good!!"
"This recipe is excellant. The crunch of the cabbage works great. My family really enjoyed it and want it to the top of my potato salad dishes"