- onion, celery and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender. Quarter
- carrots lengthwise, then cut into 2-in. pieces; add to pork mixture.
- Add the water, bouillon and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until the meat and vegetables are
- Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add mixed
- vegetables; reduce heat to low.
- For dumplings, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking
- powder, caraway seeds, salt and mustard. Beat the egg, milk and oil;
- add to dry ingredients all at once. Stir just until moistened. Drop
- by tablespoonfuls over stew. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-2/3 cup equals 411 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,256 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.