From Coos Bay, Oregon, Shirley Brazel shares a recipe she's been relying on for more than 25 years. The cookies have a crisp edge, soft center and subtle lemon flavor. Choose colored sugar to tailor them to any occasion.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar or colored sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and lemon peel until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Drop Sugar Cookies in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p38
Reviews for Drop Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review