- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar or colored sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and lemon peel until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Drop Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"Meant mention in my review just entered(bj51),I did find it necessary to sprinkle additional sugar on top before baking.I guess the oil absorbs it."
"Just tried these today-the kids are coming later! I decided to substitute...just because! So:I added 1 and 1/2 tsp lemon peel instead of the one tsp called for,substituted the vanilla extract with lemon extract,and added 1/4 tsp cream of tartar,an ingredient found in most of my sugar cookie recipes.Very quick,easy to make up and are a nice crisp texture! Will def make again!!Yum!"
"These are very easy, and I like that they do not use shortening. I substituted half the flour with whole-wheat flour to make them healthier, which made the dough look darker but they came out of the oven with a nice light color. The dough was kind of sticky and not very thick, so I did not flatten them with a glass. They came out a bit puffy, but I like my cookies that way. I made a half batch and only ended up with 14 cookies, so they don't make as many as the recipe states."
"Is this really the right picture for this recipe?"
"These are so easy to make, although it doesn't make many! Don't be afraid of the dough's elasticity, it will work with you. I rolled small balls in my sugar, can mix up a variety of sugars for different holidays, or roll in chocolate jimmies. Just like the ones I remember from the bakery! Cinnamon sugar would be nice on these also, if you flavored with just vanilla, or with vanilla and almond extracts."