Drop-in Salad Recipe
When my husband and I were invited to a barbecue, I threw together this broccoli salad. I tossed in whatever I had in the fridge, and the crunchy colorful combination that resulted was a hit. It is a nice change from lettuce salads.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 large red apple, cubed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette or vinaigrette of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine vinaigrette and lemon juice; drizzle over salad. Toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Drop-in Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC