When my husband and I were invited to a barbecue, I threw together this broccoli salad. I tossed in whatever I had in the fridge, and the crunchy colorful combination that resulted was a hit. It is a nice change from lettuce salads.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 large red apple, cubed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette or vinaigrette of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine vinaigrette and lemon juice; drizzle over salad. Toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Drop-In Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p27
Reviews for Drop-in Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review