Drop Doughnuts Recipe
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (mashed with milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Additional sugar or confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, sugar, egg, sour cream and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; stir in potato mixture.
- Heat oil in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer to 375°. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels; roll in sugar while warm. Yield: 3 to 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Drop Doughnuts
Sort By :
These were surprisingly good. Made them in the evening and had the leftovers for breakfast. I did add cinnamon and nutmeg, as suggested by donnajewett for a little more flavor and they were great!
quick, easy and great tasting - I will add a little salt next time though
I gone to try to instead or vanilla use Bacon and roll in chopped pecans
These are very good and easy to make. I wonder if they could be made with rice flour, as I have a Celiac person in the family.
Tastes great with the cinnamon and nutmeg added to the batter and great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes after the holidays.