Drizzled Butternut Bread Recipe
My two young children love this buttercup yellow bread. Squash makes it moist and goes so well with the cinnamon. This will be a welcome addition to a brunch or dinner table.—Misty Thompson, Gaylesville, Alabama
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in squash and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 306 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC