Drizzled Butternut Bread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in squash and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 306 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Drizzled Butternut Bread
"I like the flavor of the bread but it did not bake up right. It was not baked right in the middle of the entire loaf. It was somewhat doughy yet and not fluffy like quick bread should be. I am diabetic so the only change I made was to substitute 1 cup splenda for 1 of the cups of sugar. Also I did not make the glaze for on top in order to save on calories. the over all taste is good but I wonder what I did wrong. I made it twice and thought that maybe it was to much to only make 2 loaves so the second time I made it into 3 loaves and came out with the same doughy middle. Any ideas?"