My two young children love this buttercup yellow bread. Squash makes it moist and goes so well with the cinnamon. This will be a welcome addition to a brunch or dinner table.—Misty Thompson, Gaylesville, Alabama
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in squash and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Drizzled Butternut Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p47
Reviews for Drizzled Butternut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review