Dried Fruit Squares Recipe
Honey and orange juice add a tasty touch of sweetness to these fruity squares.—Martha Voss, Dickinson, North Dakota
- 1 pound dates (3-1/2 cups)
- 1 pound dried figs (3 cups)
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisins (3 cups)
- 1 pound dried apricots (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Set aside. In a food processor or grinder, coarsely chop the fruit. Add honey and orange juice. Press into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature for 5 hours. Cut into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Yield: 4 pounds (6-1/2 pounds).
One piece equals 65 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC