Dried Beef Spread Recipe
This tasty-spread is handy for entertaining during the holidays because you can make it ahead of time. For a festive presentation, chill it for an hour or two, shape it into a ball and roll in chopped nuts.
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) sliced dried beef
- 2 packages (8 ounce each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Crackers or party rye bread
- 1. Place beef in a food processor or blender; cover and process until chopped. Add the cream cheese, milk, onion, dill and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until well blended. Serve with crackers or bread. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 58 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC