Dressed-Up Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the vegetables. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 117 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Dressed-Up Vegetable Salad
"Love this recipe! So good and so healthy :)"
"Loved this. Would make it with burgers, dogs, chicken, subs; just about any sandwhich or finger food. Even the kids chowed down on this one. It's a keeper!"
"Great. Even my kids (14 and 16) loved it. They want it again."