Dressed-Up Vegetable Salad Recipe
If taking our Test Kitchen's marinated veggie salad to a picnic, simply place it in a covered plastic container and pop it into your cooler for easy transporting.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the vegetables. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 117 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC