Dressed-Up Tuna Salad Recipe
"My family has enjoyed this pretty salad for many years," comments Shelly Kaiser of Louisville, Kentucky. "To save time, use prepared balsamic dressing instead of making it yourself. Serve this salad with sourdough French bread for an easy dinner," she suggests.
- 1 head romaine, torn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, julienned
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Arrange romaine on four salad plates. Top with the tomatoes, eggs, cheese, tuna and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salads. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC