- 1 head romaine, torn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, julienned
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange romaine on four salad plates. Top with the tomatoes, eggs, cheese, tuna and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salads. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dressed-Up Tuna Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p57
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Dressed-Up Tuna Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review