Just five pantry ingredients nicely season these special-looking broiled steaks that are accented with extra Catalina salad dressing.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup Catalina salad dressing, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, oregano and pepper. Rub
- over both sides of steaks. Brush with 1/4 cup salad dressing. Place
- on a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with
- remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 268 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 603 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.