Dressed-Up Steaks Recipe
Just five pantry ingredients nicely season these special-looking broiled steaks that are accented with extra Catalina salad dressing.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup Catalina salad dressing, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, oregano and pepper. Rub over both sides of steaks. Brush with 1/4 cup salad dressing. Place on a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dressed-Up Steaks in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p28
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Dressed-Up Steaks(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2011
Flavor was very good. I think I just don't like this cut of meat. If I make this again I will probably use T-bones.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Steak Dinner >