- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup Catalina salad dressing, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, oregano and pepper. Rub over both sides of steaks. Brush with 1/4 cup salad dressing. Place on a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Dressed-Up Steaks
Sort By :
Flavor was good. Meat was a bit tough, but it's hard to get non-chewy steak from the oven. Still a good option when you want steak but can't grill.
Flavor was very good. I think I just don't like this cut of meat. If I make this again I will probably use T-bones.