Dressed-Up Steak Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Brush on both sides of steak; let stand for 30 minutes. Broil steak 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- 3. Meanwhile, on two plates, arrange greens, tomato, avocado and onion. Thinly slice steak; place on top of salads. Serve with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 696 calories, 59 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 834 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Dressed-Up Steak Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.