Dressed-Up Steak Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Brush on both sides of steak; let stand for 30 minutes. Broil steak 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, on two plates, arrange greens, tomato, avocado and onion. Thinly slice steak; place on top of salads. Serve with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Dressed-Up Steak Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p34
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Dressed-Up Steak Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 25, 2008
The dressing really completes this salad.