This sirloin gets its fresh taste from tomato, red onion and avocado. Steak sauce gives the light dressing its delicious difference. To complete the meal, serve soft breadsticks and lemon sherbet.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Brush on both sides of steak; let stand for 30 minutes. Broil steak 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, on two plates, arrange greens, tomato, avocado and onion. Thinly slice steak; place on top of salads. Serve with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Dressed-Up Steak Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p34
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Dressed-Up Steak Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 25, 2008
"The dressing really completes this salad."