Frozen meatballs and a jar of sweet-and-sour sauce make this microwave meal a last-minute lifesaver when racing against the clock. The flavorful sauce is dressed up with a hint of garlic and nicely coats the colorful mixture of meatballs, carrots, green pepper and onion.
-Ivy Eresmas, Dade City, Florida
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the meatballs in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with the
- onion, carrots, green pepper and garlic. Combine the sauces; pour
- over meatballs.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender and meatballs are heated through, stirring twice. Serve with
- rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 294 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or