Dressed-Up Meatballs Recipe
- 2 pounds frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place meatballs in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with carrots, onion, pepper and garlic. In a small bowl, mix sweet-and-sour sauce and soy sauce; pour over meatballs.
- 2. Microwave, covered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meatballs are heated through, stirring twice. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 294 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Dressed-Up Meatballs
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.