- 2 pounds frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Place meatballs in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with carrots, onion, pepper and garlic. In a small bowl, mix sweet-and-sour sauce and soy sauce; pour over meatballs.
- Microwave, covered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meatballs are heated through, stirring twice. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Dressed-Up Meatballs
"I thought this was really good and simple too!"
"Frozen bagged Asian veggies can be used as well."
"Even my two year old and four year old liked it! I prefer cooking this on the stove rather than in the microwave, I think it makes the veggies taste better."
"This is surprisingly wonderful given the short amount of time it takes to get to the table. The family proclaimed it a keeper. The meatballs my local store had were "Italian-style" and they were fine."
"I have made this several times since it came out in the QC '02 magazine. Though I am a mostly "from scratch"person, this recipe has saved the day on many occasions over the years when time was of the essence. It tastes great,and when used with low-sodium soy and sweet -and- sour sauces and extra veggies is not too bad, nutritionally. I've even used homemade frozen meatballs with great results. A keeper!"