Dressed-Up Meatballs Recipe
Frozen meatballs and a jar of sweet-and-sour sauce make this microwave meal a last-minute lifesaver when racing against the clock. The flavorful sauce is dressed up with a hint of garlic and nicely coats the colorful mixture of meatballs, carrots, green pepper and onion. -Ivy Eresmas, Dade City, Florida
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the meatballs in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with the onion, carrots, green pepper and garlic. Combine the sauces; pour over meatballs.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meatballs are heated through, stirring twice. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Dressed-Up Meatballs in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Dressed-Up Meatballs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review