Dressed-Up French Green Beans Recipe
Our Test Kitchen adds lemon juice, bacon crumbles and Dijon mustard to transform everyday green beans into a standout partner for any entree. Plus, it couldn't be easier to make!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain beans; add bacon mixture and gently stir to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 67 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC