Dressed-Up Cornish Hen Recipe
"Although our children are grown, it seems like I'm usually feeding a bunch. But when my husband and I dine alone, this is one of our favorite dishes. Stick a couple of baked potatoes in the oven and toss a salad, and you have a great meal."
- 1 Cornish game hen (20 to 24 ounces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Place Cornish hen in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half of the marinade over hen; seal bag and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times. Refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place hen, skin side up, in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Baste with reserved marinade. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Cut in half to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC