"Although our children are grown, it seems like I'm usually feeding a bunch. But when my husband and I dine alone, this is one of our favorite dishes. Stick a couple of baked potatoes in the oven and toss a salad, and you have a great meal."
Recommended: 35 Easy Dinners to Try This Winter
- 1 Cornish game hen (20 to 24 ounces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place Cornish hen in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half of the marinade over hen; seal bag and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times. Refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place hen, skin side up, in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Baste with reserved marinade. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Cut in half to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Dressed-Up Cornish Hen in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p59
Reviews for Dressed-Up Cornish Hen
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 2, 2008
"This was okay. Not my favorite cornish hen recipe. Although it smelled great while cooking, it didn't have a lot of flavor."
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2008
""Place hen, SKIN SIDE UP." Which side is the "skin side"?"