"In Clayton, Ontario, Bryan Forster needs only four ingredients to turn ordinary broccoli into a dressed-up side dish. The garlic in the broiled crumb topping really comes through.
Recommended: Thanksgiving Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- 3-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Place broccoli and a small amount of water in a microwave-and broiler-safe 1-1/2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high until crisp-tender, about 4-1/2 minutes; drain. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over broccoli. Broil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dressed-Up Broccoli in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p8
Reviews for Dressed-Up Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2010
"This recipe has become a favorite over the years for it's taste and easy prep. Even my children, who are not crazy about broccoli will eat this, and the everyday ingredients make this a snap to fix at the last minute."