Dressed-Up Beef Tips
Our Test Kitchen jazzed up packaged beef tips and gravy by adding vegetables and a wine-based sauce to create a hearty topping that pairs perfectly with mashed potatoes.
TIP: Try these saucy beef tips over noodles or rice for a quick weeknight meal.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 1/2 cup cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and wine until smooth;
- set aside. In a large skillet, saute the beans, carrot and onion in
- butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add beef tips; heat through. Stir broth mixture and add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in parsley. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 103 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet