Our Test Kitchen jazzed up packaged beef tips and gravy by adding vegetables and a wine-based sauce to create a hearty topping that pairs perfectly with mashed potatoes. TIP: Try these saucy beef tips over noodles or rice for a quick weeknight meal.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 1/2 cup cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and wine until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, saute the beans, carrot and onion in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add beef tips; heat through. Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Dressed-Up Beef Tips in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p41
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Dressed-Up Beef Tips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2014
"SorryThis recipe is NGno alterationsdon't bother"