Dressed-Up Bacon Burgers Recipe
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 bacon strips
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, pickle relish, ketchup, sugar and onion until well blended. Cover and refrigerate. In a large bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- 2. Place bacon on a piece of heavy-duty foil on one side of the grill. Place the patties on the other side of the grill. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in burger reads 160° and juices run clear. Cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- 3. Place a cheese slice on each burger; cover and grill until cheese is melted. Layer bottom half of each bun with the lettuce, burger, bacon and mayonnaise mixture. Replace bun tops. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 760 calories, 55 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 1,031 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.