- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 bacon strips
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, pickle relish, ketchup, sugar and onion until well blended. Cover and refrigerate. In a large bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Place bacon on a piece of heavy-duty foil on one side of the grill. Place the patties on the other side of the grill. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in burger reads 160° and juices run clear. Cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Place a cheese slice on each burger; cover and grill until cheese is melted. Layer bottom half of each bun with the lettuce, burger, bacon and mayonnaise mixture. Replace bun tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Dressed-Up Bacon Burgers
"Well in my rush last night making dinner, I guess I muffed up the recipe a bit lol... I used frozen hamburger patties that needed to be used up, so I somehow ended up mixing all the other ingredients together (added the worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the sauce rather than the meat!). Anyway, it turned out to be the best 1000 Island dressing I've ever had so I might make it again the same way next time!!! Didn't use the bacon cause mine had apparently been in the freezer wayyy too long... Despite all of my disorganization, the burgers were great along with some pasta salad. Not a bad dinner at all!"
"forgot to buy the bacon, so didn't try the "whole" recipe, but everything else was great. The sauce was even liked by my husband who is usually not impressed by new things. Definitely will try again with the bacon."
"This was an extremely well balanced burger. No one ingredient was overwhelming, they just all worked together. First time we tried this, we tweaked the recipe and liked it but not as much as following it to the letter. First time for bacon on the grill, too and it was great. No smell in the house! Thank you for posting."
"I thought these burgers were alittle tasteless. Sorry... and the "thousand island" topping reminded me of the McDonalds special sauce. Some people may love it, I'm just not a fan."
"These burgers were great! I halved the recipe since I was only making for my boyfriend and I. I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference with the flavor of this burger compared to a plain hamburger so maybe it could use more spices. The special mayonnaise was delish, it soaked up almost completely into the buns so I had to keep adding more. I will use this recipe again the next time we're in the mood for burgers."