Dressed-Up Applesauce Recipe
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 1 minute. Serve warm or refrigerate. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 105 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), trace protein Diabetic Exchanges:3-1/2 fruit
Reviews for Dressed-Up Applesauce
"Next time I make this I think I'll tone down the spices just a pinch so the applesauce flavor comes through a little bit more. But it is very tasty!"