- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups whole milk
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 12 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- Generously grease a 5-qt. slow cooker with 1 tablespoon butter. Add milk, cream, 6 tablespoons butter, cornmeal, salt, rosemary and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until polenta is thickened, whisking every hour. Just before serving, whisk again; stir in cheese and remaining butter. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Dreamy Polenta in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p106
Reviews for Dreamy Polenta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review