The classic vanilla-orange flavor combination comes through in these yummy cupcakes made for the lactose-intolerant. Sprinkles add a touch of fun to these travel-ready treats. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Assorted sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, eggs, sugar, soy milk, oil, applesauce and 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate until well blended. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and remaining orange juice concentrate until smooth. Dip cupcakes into glaze. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Dreamy Orange Lactose-Free Cupcakes in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p56
Reviews for Dreamy Orange Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review