Dreamy Orange Charlotte Recipe
Having a rich, hearty holiday feast? Here’s the perfect finale. It has a light, airy texture and refreshing citrus flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or additional orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in boiling water until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in the orange juice, sugar, lemon juice, orange liqueur and orange peel until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until thickened, about 1 hour.
- 2. Fold in whipped cream and cake cubes. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 251 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC