Dreamy Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
This recipe is my children's favorite (and mine!). For even more sweet flavor, they always ask me to dust the bars with confectioners' sugar.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, oats and 1/2 cup brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and remaining brown sugar. Combine the coconut, walnuts, baking powder, salt and remaining flour; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 3. Spread evenly over crust. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into bars while warm. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC