Dreamy Cherry Torte Recipe
"A purchased pound cake makes this show-stopping dessert a breeze to prepare ahead of time," declares Valerie Putsey of Winamac, Indiana. "Cream cheese frosting gives this torte a rich taste that will have guests thinking you spent hours making it."
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 pint cherry ice cream, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- 1. With a serrated knife, slice pound cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a freezer-safe serving platter; spread with ice cream. Replace cake top; cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- 2. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and extract until smooth. Gradually add sugar; beat until fluffy. Set aside 1/2 cup.
- 3. Remove torte from freezer; frost the top and sides. Cut a small hole in the corner of a plastic or pastry bag; insert a #20 star tip. Fill bag with reserved frosting; pipe around the bottom edge of torte. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- 4. May be frozen up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with pecans. Garnish with cherries if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 504 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Dreamy Cherry Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC