Dream Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, optional
- 1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut if desired.
- 2. Drop about 2 teaspoonfuls of cream cheese mixture into the center of each cupcake. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 155 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Dream Cupcakes
"I made these yesterday for a family gathering and they were delicious! There were skeptics because of no frosting, but that issue was forgotten once the took a bite! The recipe made about 24 using my larger pans. Don't fill each tin more than half, and use about a tablespoon of filling for each. I baked mine 25 minutes and they were perfect! I did garnish the tops with a little cluster of mini chocolate chips when I took them out of the oven."
"EXCELLLENT!!! I usually make a similar recipe but this one is so much easier with less mess. My nine year old was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and I've been looking for some good recipes. My two other teanage kids also loved them. Used 1/2 cup dark mini chocolate chips. Would put 10 stars if I could!!!"
"My 7-year-old daughter requested I make these for her classroom birthday treat. They were a hit! No frosting needed! We've also made these using strawberry cake mix, yum!"
"These are delicious. I didn't use the chocolate cake mix. Instead I made the chocolate cake on the Hershey's cocoa container. I added about a teaspoon of coconut extract to the filling. I frosted them with a chocolate ganache and drizzled melted white chocolate on top."