Dream Bars Recipe
Dream Bars come from Hillary Lawson of Plummer, Idaho. "These bar cookies are a family favorite and excellent travelers," explains Hillary. "Wonderfully moist and chewy, they're define winners with the men and kids."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Pat into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar; stir in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture. Fold in coconut and walnuts. Spread over baked crust. Return to oven and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 123 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Dream Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC