Dragon Claws with Blood Sauce Recipe
Stand back and watch guests gobble up this cold Halloween appetizer! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine water and salt; bring to a boil. Add shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Drain. Cool in ice water; drain. Refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ketchup, lemon juice, peel, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. On a serving platter, arrange shrimp in groups of three to resemble dragon claws. Serve with sauce; garnish with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
1 serving (3 each) equals 102 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 1,010 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC