Stand back and watch guests gobble up this cold Halloween appetizer! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine water and salt; bring to a boil. Add shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Drain. Cool in ice water; drain. Refrigerate until serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ketchup, lemon juice, peel, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. On a serving platter, arrange shrimp in groups of three to resemble dragon claws. Serve with sauce; garnish with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Dragon Claws with Blood Sauce in Taste of Home's Halloween Annual 2006, p14
Reviews for Dragon Claws with Blood Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review