Come late October, friends and family can "count" on having these easily recognizable, darling Dracula cookies. —Christy Hinrichs, Parkville, Missouri
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 hazelnut truffles
- 5 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 green or red Fruit Roll-Up
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 1 can (6.4 ounces) black decorating icing
- 6 Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, cut in half
- Place truffles on a waxed paper-lined pan. Freeze for 10 minutes or
- until chilled. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt candy coating; stir
- until smooth. Dip truffles in coating to cover completely; allow
- excess to drip of. Return to prepared pan. Refrigerate until
- Cut Fruit Roll-Up into 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips. Reheat candy
- coating if necessary. Dip truffles in candy coating again; allow
- excess to drip off. Place one on each cookie. Wrap a fruit strip
- around base of truffle for cape. Let stand until set.
- Using decorating icing and a round tip, pipe hair, eyes and mouth on
- each. Insert almonds for fangs. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 6 cookies.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Ferrero Rocher hazelnut truffles.