If you love Dr Pepper as much as I do, try it in my barbecue sauce for grilled chicken. It adds zip to the ketchup, bourbon and barbecue seasoning. —Shannon Holle-Funk, Venedy, Illinois
Featured In: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup Dr Pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 4 teaspoons barbecue seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- In a small saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; if desired, stir in celery salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- On an oiled grill, cook chicken, covered, over medium-low heat 15 minutes. Turn; grill 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, brushing occasionally with sauce mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dr Pepper Drumsticks in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Dr Pepper Drumsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review