If you love Dr Pepper as much as I do, try it in my barbecue sauce for grilled chicken. It adds zip to the ketchup, bourbon and barbecue seasoning. —Shannon Holle-Funk, Venedy, Illinois
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup Dr Pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 4 teaspoons barbecue seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- In a small saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; if desired, stir in celery salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- On an oiled grill, cook chicken, covered, over medium-low heat 15 minutes. Turn; grill 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, brushing occasionally with sauce mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dr Pepper Drumsticks in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Dr Pepper Drumsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2016
"The family raved about these! I think one of the boys ate 6 of them for dinner."
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2015
"Fun ,sweet flavor. This was both easy and fun to put together."