Dr Pepper Cake Recipe
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix, regular size
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) Dr Pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (12 ounces) whipped cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of three greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in Dr Pepper and vanilla.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in cocoa. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until creamy.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Dr Pepper Cake
Sort By :
"This is a very good flavor cake, moist and dense. I don't see how you can get 3 9 inch layers from this amount. I usually add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup sour cream to a boxed cake mix. That would increase the quantity for 3 9 inch layers. Thanks for the recipe."
"I tried this recipe for the first time! In fact, I made 2 cakes & baked them both in a greased and floured fluted Bundt pan! I DID make some adjustments in this recipe-Iused one Devil's food cake mix for one cake and the other, I used the German Chocolate cake mix! I also added: 1/4 cupHershey's chocolate syrup & used 1 Tbsp. vanilla instead of 1 tsp. I also added 1packet of Cappuccino mix to the cake mix, eggs, pudding mix, chocolate syrup. Forthe icing, I used a 1 lb. canister of chocolate frosting, 1/4 cup cherry cola, 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar and stirredicing ingredients together. I used this chocolate glazing to ice both the cakes after they cooled. I did let cakes cool in the cake pans 15 minutes to allow cakes to settle. Then I turned the cakes out to cool completely on wire racks. I know thisis a recipe which I'll use and I would substitute cherry cola or vanilla cola for theDr. Pepper! Shannon Parum, THANK YOUfor this recipe! I really enjoyed preparing it it! DELowenstein"