Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) Dr Pepper
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 cup.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce
Sort By :
Shocked by all the great reviews. This sauce is very sweet. Too sweet. (Yuck)
Very good and similar to one I use, but I add cumin and onion powder to it.
your Dr. pepper BBQ sauce is the BEST dam sauce I have ever had, dam good. thanks doylescott57@yahoo,com
I liked the recipe, I did not think it was thick enough for what I wanted so added cornstarch to thicken it up, worked great. I also add some hot sauce, not much. I tripled the batch and froze it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >