Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) Dr Pepper
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 cup.
2 tablespoons equals 60 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.