My family is stationed in Italy with my husband, Lieutenant William Robert Blackman. William grew up in Memphis, Tennessee, and I’m from Texas, so the dish that spells "home" for us is a good ol' barbecue. I have my own recipe for barbecue sauce that we like to pour all over sliced brisket. Eating it reminds us of weekend barbecues with our families. —Tina Blackman, Naples, Italy
- 1 can (12 ounces) Dr Pepper
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review