Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) Dr Pepper
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 cup.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce(6)
Sort By :
I liked the recipe, I did not think it was thick enough for what I wanted so added cornstarch to thicken it up, worked great. I also add some hot sauce, not much. I tripled the batch and froze it.
Fantastic BBQ sauce. I used it on a Boston Butt that I used for pulled pork BBQ. Everyone raved about it. This isn't too spicy or too sweet, it's just right there in the middle as a very flavorful mild BBQ sauce.
My family was a little disappointed with this sauce. I have used Coke before in a recipe and it was great. This recipe was easy to make with simple ingredients but the flavor for us just wasn't there.
I often use the dark sodas as a major ingredient in BBQ sauces, and this one is especially good with the addition of orange juice and the spicy mustard. Bravo !!!
Yes, please, more please! This was so good and I followed the recipe except I used home canned tomatoes that I crushed up. So easy and so delicious! Will use for the Fourth of July cookouts!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Condiments >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Diabetic Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >