- 1 can (12 ounces) Dr Pepper
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 cup.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce
Sort By :
"I have a question, I know someone who is allergic to oranges, orange juice, etc. Would substituting Pineapple juice be a good idea? I'd like to have an opinion on this before I make it. Thank you."
"Loved it as is. What a great idea the Dr. Pepper is!"
"Shocked by all the great reviews. This sauce is very sweet. Too sweet. (Yuck)"
"Very good and similar to one I use, but I add cumin and onion powder to it."