- 1 can (12 ounces) Dr Pepper
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 cup.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce
Sort By :
"Shocked by all the great reviews. This sauce is very sweet. Too sweet. (Yuck)"
"Very good and similar to one I use, but I add cumin and onion powder to it."
"your Dr. pepper BBQ sauce is the BEST dam sauce I have ever had, dam good. thanks doylescott57@yahoo,com"
"I liked the recipe, I did not think it was thick enough for what I wanted so added cornstarch to thicken it up, worked great. I also add some hot sauce, not much. I tripled the batch and froze it."