Down-on-the-Farm Breakfast Recipe
- 8 bacon strips, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes mix
- 2-1/4 cups boiling water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 cups drippings in the skillet with the bacon. Stir in contents of au gratin potato mix, water, milk green pepper, onion and thyme. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Make six indentations in potato with a spoon. Break eggs into indentations. Sprinkle with pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Down-on-the-Farm Breakfast in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p11
Reviews for Down-on-the-Farm Breakfast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 7, 2012
I think it should be 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, not 2 cups.