- simmer for 35-45 minutes or until vegetables and meat are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter and keep warm.
- For gravy, pour drippings and loosened browned bits into a measuring
- cup. Skim fat, reserving 2 cups drippings. Return drippings to pan.
- Combine flour and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into
- drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 238 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.