Down-Home Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; remove and set aside. Add garlic to the pan; saute for 1 minute. Stir in the broth, brown sugar, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Return chops to the pan; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Remove chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 219 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer