Down-Home Pork Chops for Two Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. In a small skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; remove and set aside. Add garlic to the pan; saute for 1 minute. Stir in the broth, brown sugar, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Return chops to the pan; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Remove chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with chops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 220 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Down-Home Pork Chops for Two
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer